Thursday 8 February 2018

How yoga and meditation can change us.


Yoga means everything. It gets me through the shifts of life. It's like my home. A safe place where I always can go back to when I forget what is most important in my life. And to me yoga and meditation goes together. Today I started with a grounding and calming meditation. I was about to teach it in my class this evening so I did it this morning to feel and be able to share my personal experience with that meditation. In Kundaliniyoga there are more than 1500 different meditations so there is a meditation for everything! All we have to do is to do them. To experience a real shift in our lives we need to meditate on a regular basis. If you sit down in meditation you will feel lots of different things. So you can't really tell after just one session. But when you do it regularly you start seing a shift in yourself. You will get more aware of your thoughts. You will be quick to detect negative thoughts and then you will also be able to shift them. Because you have to be aware of something to be able to make a change.


Why we are recommended to do yoga and meditation in the morning is because that will lay the foundation for the rest of your day. You will be much more prepared to meet the challenges during the day. Just think about it, imagine that you stress the first thing you do. You rush away to school or the office or what ever you do. You are tense. You bump into somebody else who started her day the same way. You start yelling at each other. Perhaps not loud, maybe just in your head. But the damage is done anyway.
Now go back and start the day over again. Start with yoga and meditation. This will make you feel balanced, focused and yet relaxed. When you bump into that lady you will not start yelling and you will not be offended by her yelling. That's how yoga and meditation works and it changes you.

No comments:

Post a Comment