Wednesday 7 February 2018

Wednesdays means a day off with Charlie!

Hi there! I love my Wednesdays with Charlie. On these Wednesdays we try to have no schedule but enjoy the day as it unfolds. We often stay in bed a bit longer and sometimes we read books in the bed. Often Charlie orders an early breakfast consisting of grapes and dates. We enjoy smoothies together and cook delicous  plant based meals. Today we tried a papaya for the first time! There are not many things that makes me so happy as eating a ripe juicy tropical fruit. I can truly feel that we are meant
to eat fruit.



Before lunch we went out to play in the snow and had sooo much fun!







These days are totally de-stressing for the whole family. No deadlines and no rush. Like a very welcome break in the middle of the week! On these days it's also easier for Mattias who goes to work. He can just think about himself in the morning and he can work late if he desires. Or come home  when the dinner is served. On Thursdays Mattias is home with Charlie and that's why it's perfect for me to have my yoga classes un Thursdays for example.

And of course this is just wonderful for Charlie! Being with mom and dad. Play with his own toys. Just be. Be able to express all his feelings. Because he, like all of us, often play roles when we are not at home. He has to act in a certain way. He might not show all his tears and anger. But with his family he is totally safe to express all his feelings which is very important when it comes to building ones self esteem.

I hope this will inspire you to take that time off. To be with your children. Because they grow so fast. Me and my older boys father did the same thing with them when they were younger and I don't regret it for a second.

No comments:

Post a Comment