Saturday 10 February 2018

Yoga and meditation saved my day today.

Yesterday something happened to me that made me feel like I was overrun by a bulldozer. I took this feeling with me into bed. Unfortunately I was too tired to change any feelings or mindset so I hade a restless sleep with very strange dreams. Naturally when I woke up the feeling was still there. I felt exhausted and I didn't want to leave my bed. But I did Kundaliniyoga with asanas, breathing excercises and some chanting and it transformed my feeling. I went out of the bed and made myself a celery juice. I decided to go for a run in the winter landscape. This strengthened me even more and the day that started so bad changed to a good one.



This evening my mother called. Apparently she is having a manic period. She is bipolar. She also suffers from schizofrenia and some other diagnoses. She was telling me things that I know aren't true. And suddenly she shifts and talks like everything is normal. Like someone in the early stage of dementia I guess. If I hadn't made an effort to really change the way I felt this morning this most likely would have been too much for me to handle. Now it makes me sad but not devastated. Yoga and meditation doesn't put up shields around us that makes us like non-feeling zoombies. Instead it makes us feel our emotions without losing our mind and our stability.

No comments:

Post a Comment