Tuesday 16 January 2018

My strenghts and my needs.

If you picture me next to my cat Ruby this photo says more of me than you can imagine. I finished the Strength-finder test the other day and my five top strenghts are:

  • Input
  • Focus
  • Activator
  • Intellection
  • Significance
As so often when you do tests like this nothing comes as a total surprise. But it's interesting to get an objective view on your personality. 

In my case the input means that I loooove reading. Seeing me sitting with five books as on the picture is not unusual at all. I looove it. 

The strength Intellection was very interesting to read about. I sometimes call myself a social introvert. I like to talk a lot and shy is a word I can't even spell ;) But what most people don't know is that I loooove being totally alone. With my thoughts. I think. A lot. I analyze and I think about ways to improve myself. I reflect and I listen to the words inside of me. I love being on my own. I wouldn't stand being alone all the time. That's not what I'm talking about. I have a family and I love them and I need them to be around. But if I don't get regular periods of just being alone with my thoughts I will not be the best version of me. Or alone with my books :D That will do too. This test reminded me of respecting this need even more. Cause if I don't nurture my needs I will be unhappy. And that won't benefit the people around me either.

Have you done any similar tests and found out interesting things about yourself?

No comments:

Post a Comment