Friday 5 January 2018

My 40 days of meditation challenge.


I'm done. I've been doing the same meditation every day for 40 days. I felt like I needed to build a solid foundation. In yogic tradition we say that you need to do something for 40 days to experience a real transformation. Since Charlie came my highest priority is sleep. After that comes meditation, then yoga and finally running. I LOVE every single activity but when you need to prioritize you need to do the most important thing first.

The pros of making a decision to do something every day for a period of time is that you really carve out the time to do it. The meditation I did was about 30 minutes. And yes, sometimes it was boring. Sometimes I wanted to do something else. But most of the time it was a beautiful experience and it filled me with so much self respect for giving myself this gift every single day.

I will not jump into another 40 days now. I will enjoy the feeling that I completed this challenge and let my intuition guide me on how to continue. That's how I often do it. I tune into myself to find out what kind of meditation I need to do today. But of course that only comes when you have been meditating for a prolonged period of time and have become more tuned in to know what will suit you best in the present moment. I've been meditating on a regular basis for 9 years now so I have gained some experience in that field I believe.

2 comments:

  1. Hejsan där Jessica!
    Får börja med att tacka för en väldigt intressant blogg du har här, mycket lärorikt.
    Intresserade mig speciellt för ett inlägg, "lördag 28 juli 2012
    Tandhälsa när man äter 80/10/10."

    Mycket pratades om tandkräm och jag har en fråga, har du hittat någon tandkräm utan fluor och glycerin?
    Och om man får lov att fråga, hur ser din tand rutin ut i dagsläget?
    Hoppas det är OK att jag tog kontakt såhär via kommentars fältet, hittade ingen kontakt info.
    För övrigt, fortsätt med det du gör här på bloggen, skit bra jobbat :) Ha det bäst!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hej där!
      Så roligt att du har hittat hit! :) Jag fick gå tillbaka och läsa inlägget igen. Det är ju några år sedan nu. Jag har samma rutin nu faktiskt och just nu gör jag en egen tandkräm som jag trivs väldigt bra med:
      https://www.epochtimes.se/sa-enkelt-gor-du-egen-tandkram
      Somliga är skeptiska till bikarbonatet men jag har beslutat för att köra på det ett tag. Jag använder inte Stevia heller men jag har väldigt litet behov av söt smak :)
      Äter du 80/10/10?
      Mvh
      Jessica

      Delete