Wednesday 3 January 2018

How to sprout Broccoli and Alfalfa.

Good morning!

Maybe some of you are back at work and some may still have vacation. Whatever you do I hope you enjoy yourself.



I thought I should share how super easy it is to sprout at home. I have been sprouting for quite some years now but sprouting broccoli is something I started with recently. I googled and I found these organic broccoli seeds online:


For the Alfalfa I currently use:


My experience though here in Sweden is that Alfalfa are easy to find. It was the Broccoli seeds that were a bit more tricky to find. 

Well, let's start! 

Step 1

Soak the seeds over night. 


I always put some kind of lid on because otherwise the cats will drink from it. 


I leave it in room temperature.

Step 2

In the morning I pour them over to the sprouting box and rinse thoroghly. 


Step 3

I put the lid on and cover the box with a towel because the seeds sprout faster in the darkness. I leave it in room temperature.



Step 4

Rinse twice a day. This is very important. I do it in the morning and in the evening.

Step 5

The sprouts will be ready to eat in about 3 days. Put them in the refridgerator and enjoy! 


Broccoli sprouts ready to eat



No comments:

Post a Comment