Sunday 24 December 2017

Christmas Eve and when your children grow up.

What a strange feeling it is today! Usually Christmas Eve is the day we celebrate here in Sweden but since we celebrated yesterday today feels just like an ordinary day.

I drove Vincent to the airport this morning and it was a really hard time to say good bye for me this time. It was so clear to me how grown up he is now. Oh God sometimes it's really, really hard being a parent. We love our children more than anything else and one day they just leave us. Mattias and I spoke about that and it is so obvious that Vincent is done with the separation towards us but we are not ready yet!!! I don't think you ever will be as a parent though. And here it is important to own this feeling and not make it a burden for your child. I stayed present and as long as I was with Vincent I felt happy but as soon as he left I felt the emptiness. It is a sorrow and it needs to be felt. I realize that the sadness is not only about him leaving over Christmas and his upcoming birthday, it is the sadness of loosing your child to his own life. I will bring this into my meditation tonight and see what happens around it.

If you live in Sweden I guess this is the day you celebrate and I wish you a Merry Christmas! Sharing some pictures from yesterday:


Me surrounded by my beloved family. 



My vegan Christmas plate! 

I didn't have any smoothie yesterday which is very unusal for me so I was sooo happy to make one this morning:

Ingredients:
  • 6 bananas
  • a pot of cilantro
  • blueberries
  • 2 dates 
  • some water


No comments:

Post a Comment