Thursday 28 June 2018

Morning Pages.


I feel I need to share about morning pages. Morning Pages was created by Julia Cameron and you can read about it in her book "The Artist's Way". I first heard about morning pages on the Rich Roll Podcast a couple of years ago. I bought the book and started doing morning pages. At that time I dealt with lots of anger so it was perfect to let that out and release it from my system. For some reason I didn't continue but a couple of weeks ago I opened the book again and got inspired and added morning pages to my morning routine.

So what is morning pages? It is a super simple tool to find out what you want to do with your life. Or boost your creativity or release emotions you are holding on to that no longer serves you. I believe it is multi-functional. All you need is some papers and a pen and then you start writing 3 pages the first thing you do in the morning. And at first you may not know what to write. Then just write: "I have no idea what to write, I'm sitting here with theese empty pages and a pen and my usually active mind is just quiet". The thing is to just start writing, whatever crosses your mind. Don't censor yourself, don't judge yourself. Don't show these writings to anybody. It is even not recommended for us to read them ourselves the first couple of months. The goal is to listen to ourselves without judgement. Just let the words flow out and dance on the paper. Some mornings I feel so creative I just can't finish after three pages so I just continue.

They are called morning pages for a reason. The morning is the best time to start writing because your chatting mind hasn't started going nuts yet. That makes it easier to find out what's really hidden inside and needs to come out.

I use a beautiful notebook for my pages. To me that is a way of showing respect for this process. But any notebook will work. The most important thing is to start writing! Keep it simple!

No comments:

Post a Comment